Nars Sheer Glow Foundation
Nars Sheer Glow Foundation ($42) is a luminous foundation that is promised to enhance your skin without “masking it”. It will brighten the skin, while evening out the skin tone and concealing minor perfections.
• For normal, normal-to-dry and dry skin types
• Hydrates for softer and smoother skin
• Contains powerful anti-oxidants to protect against damaging free radicals and turmeric extract to improve skin’s radiance and tone
• Dermatologist tested. Non-comedogenic. Fragrance free.
Nars Sheer Glow is available in twenty (20) shades: Siberia (light with neutral/balance of tones), Mont Blanc (fair with subtle pink undertones), Gobi (light with yellow undertones), Deauville (light with neutral/balance of tones), Fiji (light with yellow undertones), Ceylan (light-medium with yellow undertones), Punjab (medium with golden-peachy undertones), Santa Fe (medium with peachy undertones), Stromboli (medium with olive undertones), Barcelona (medium with golden peachy undertones), Syracuse (medium-dark with brown undertones), Tahoe (medium-dark with caramel undertones), Cadiz (medium-dark with caramel-red undertones), Macao (medium-dark with deep yellow undertones), Trinidad (dark with warm yellow undertones) and Khartoum (dark with espresso undertone).
My shade is Barcelona, which is a warm, medium-tan shade with golden undertones – It’s not overly yellow and it doesn’t look orange on my skin. For reference, I wear NC40 in MAC foundations.
*I now also use Stromboli, which is a shade or two lighter than Barcelona, for when I’m less tan. It has strong yellow (olive) undertones, and is equivalent to the MAC NC30-35 coloring
- Good color selection – I was able to find a perfect color match for my MAC NC40 skin
- Creamy, blendable texture
- Medium, buildable coverage (doesn’t look cakey)
- Natural, radiant, satiny finish
- Long Lasting on my balanced skin
- Doesn’t break out or irritate my skin
- Photographs really well (no white cast)
- Although the shade selection is good for my skin – many shades are very yellow, which may be problematic for cool skin tones.
- Settles into my laugh/frown lines around my mouth (Update: Now I only smooth the residue from my foundation brush over those areas to minimize the settling + powder the area)
- My t-zone gets a little oily after hours of wear (setting the foundation with a powder will prevent this)