NYX Natural Xtreme Lip Cream
NYX Xtreme Lip Cream ($5.99) is a “liquid lipstick” – it has the coverage of an opaque lipstick, but in a creamy lipgloss form. It delivers intense, long-lasting color with a shiny finish.
I just reviewed Nude Peach Fuzz in the previous post, and now I’ll be talking about the other color I have, which is the shade Natural.
Natural is a light, pinky-beige nude. It’s a shade that’d work best on light to light-medium and medium skin tones. It may look too pastel on darker skin tones, but those with darker skin tones may like this lip gloss to mix/tone down dark and/or bright lip colors. For reference, it’s not as light as MAC Myth Lipstick – it’s much more wearable. I’m around MAC NC25 right now, and it’s not lighter than my skin. (See swatch at the end of the post) In my opinion, a must-have if you’re a fan of the nude lip.
- Doesn’t wash out my light-medium skintone
- Applies evenly – non streaky
- Extremely pigmented color
- Isn’t sticky – comfortable on the lips
- Shiny finish
- Great lasting power – better than standard lipglosses
- Yucky smell of Castor Oil – which may only be bothersome to those sensitive to scents in cosmetics
- Might not be a flattering shade on medium-tan and deeper skintones, but like mentioned earlier, can work well to tone down other lip colors/mixing
Price: $5.99, ULTA. (Currently BOGO 50% off)