MAC Costa Chic Lipstick Review
MAC Costa Chic Lipstick Review ($15) is described as a frosty, light coral. On the lips, it’s very bright — borderline neon. I”m never really a fan of frost; especially in lipsticks, somehow I always feel like an overload of frost cheapens the product. I know many of us cringe at the thought of looking like we’re rocking a trend from the past decade, but Costa Chic is an exception. It’s one of the few frost finishes that I will wear — it looks fab when topped with a sheer pink lipgloss, and if you aren’t feeling very daring, you can wear a similar coral (maybe MAC Everhip) and rub a little bit of Costa Chic on the middle of your bottom lip for some highlight and dimension.
I love mixing my bright corals with a pale shade such as MAC Myth Lipstick; it creates a bright, creamy, light watermelon pink. Love! You can really use any other shade, light pinks work well with it too!
Costa Chic is a great summer shade, and if you’re a lover of Coral, this is a fun shade to have in your collection. Since I own so many corals, it’s not particularly a must-have for me, but it’s definitely a fun shade to have.
Did any of you purchase anything from the MAC By Request Collection? I’ve been looking forward to purchasing Candy Yum Yum Lipstick since I heard news of the collection a couple months ago and I’m so bummed that I missed out on it!!! Candy Yum Yum and Moxie are currently sold out, and Rocker is still currently available.
- A bold shade that is great for the summertime.
- Opaque color.
- Is a very versatile shade as it can easily be altered with other lipsticks to make the shade more wearable for daytime.
- Not very suitable for those who don’t like bright lip colors, as Costa Chic is incredibly vibrant. Although it can be toned down easily with lighter lipsticks.
- Not very suitable for those who don’t like frosty finishes.
- Can emphasize dryness and lip lines
Price: $15, MAC.