MAC Bombshell Lipstick
MAC Bombshell Lipstick ($15) is a soft rosy pink with pink and golden shimmer. It’s a frost formula lipstick, so if you don’t like frost, this might not be a lipstick for you – but for reference, I can tolerate many of MAC’s Frost Lipsticks as the actual formula is nice and they don’t tend to be overly frosty.
The lipstick is smooth (non-gritty and dry like many frost lipsticks) and applies just as silky as any of their other formulas. It has a satin finish, but if it was a bit more glossy I’d love this lipstick so much more. I think it has a tendency to sometimes looks a little dull on my lips, but it’s nothing a little gloss doesn’t fix. I’ve read that it looks great when layered with MAC Nymphette Lipglass, although I just grab any similar pink gloss and it always looks nice.
I notice that when I’m tanner (NC35), it looks more cool toned on my lips, and when I’m lighter (NC25), it looks a bit more rosy. I think Pink Icing would’ve been an appropriate name, because that’s almost what it looks like on my lips.
It’s a fabulous shade for every-day, and if you’re in the market for a frosty pink that doesn’t make you look like a porn-star, check out MAC Bombshell.
Do any of you own Bombshell? What do you think of it? What is your favorite pink lipstick?
- Smooth formula, applies evenly
- Fabulous every-day shade
- Great for light to medium skintones
- Kind of sheer (but buildable) I wish it was more opaque with one coat
- Can sometimes look flat on my lips, so I usually pair it with a lipgloss
- For those that are anti-frost, you may find this lipstick to be too frosty when layered
- Might look too light on deeper skintones
Price: $15, MAC.