Estee Lauder Pure Color Lip Shine
This Spring, Estee Lauder is all about bringing us bright and fun colors in sheer, lightweight formulas. All of the products in the Estee Lauder Pure Color Cello Shots Collection all commonly share the same characteristics of being beautifully bright yet very subtle for a fresh, healthy look.
Estee Lauder Pure Color Lip Shine ($26) is described as bringing a sheer rush of color to the lips. The formula is lightweight, moisturizing and long-lasting.
Available in (6) limited edition shades: Pink Patent, X-Pose Rose, Plexi Pink, Hot Fuse, Techno Jam and Poppy Shock.
Does the description sound familiar? If you’ve had a chance to look at my previous review for the Estee Lauder Pure Color Sheer Rush Lipgloss, this product is exactly the same – but in lipstick form. Luckily, there is a bit more pigment with these lipsticks.
The two shades I have are Hot Fuse, which is a soft blue-based red, but when applied, it gives off more of a raspberry/rose tone. Techno Jam is a slightly deeper cherry red, and definitely is more red on the lips than Hot Fuse. Both are equally as pigmented, and comparable to something like Revlon Lip Butters. Sheer upon the first swipe, but very buildable to a fairly opaque coverage.
I like applying them with a couple of swipes for a light wash of color, but I also love wearing them layered for their full intensity.
Overall, I really like these lipsticks and I’ve been reaching for them often. I’m not sure if I’d be able to justify the price, though. What do you think?
- Apply smooth and even
- Sheer, but buildable to fairly opaque coverage
- Moisturizing – feel great on the lips
- Shiny, balm-like finish
- When applied in layers, the thin, slippery formula has a tendency to settle in fine lines
- On a couple occasions I noticed the color travel (smudge) outside of my lip lines, so I make sure to apply lip liner first
- Packaging is very plain, simple and in my opinion, could have been better – especially for a limited edition item
Price: $26, Estee Lauder.