Rain Cosmetics Tropical Storm Color Storm Lip Lacquer
Rain Cosmetics Tropical Storm Color Storm Lip Lacquer ($20) is a medium raspberry pink with cool undertones. It has mostly opaque coverage with a glossy finish. I think it’s a universally flattering shade and is perfect for a little extra pop of color without being super bold. I love wearing it on it’s own, and I also love it paired with MAC Chatterbox Lipstick (which is similar in color) when I want a fuller coverage.
The texture is very smooth and has a hydrating, balm-lip feel on the lips. It contains Antioxidants, Jojoba and Vitamin E to keep the lips feeling soft as long as it’s on. It’s not thick, runny or sticky and wears really comfortably. When initially applied, the color is opaque, but upon wear, it settles down into a medium coverage. It wears down after a few hours and leaves a light rosy-pink hue behind on my lips.
It has a light fruity scent, but nothing obnoxious and it goes away upon application.
|Rain Cosmetics display outside of the Elements Gift Shop in Aria Resort & Casino, Las Vegas|
|A photo I snapped on my cell-phone of the Rain Cosmetics Display inside Elements at Aria Resort & Casino|
- Medium to full coverage color
- Lightweight – Wears comfortably
- Glossy finish
- Good lasting power – Around three hours
- It’s a bit expensive, but I understand that it’s not suppose to be a bargain brand. The prices are right up there with the department store brands.
- The brush applicator is nice, but it also pulls out a bit too much product. Because of this, I tend to get excess product gathered around the opening of the tube and inside of the cap.
Price: $20, raincosmetics.com. Visit the website for a full list of store locations.