Revlon by Marchesa Nail Art 3D Jewel Appliqués
Revlon by Marchesa Nail Art 3D Jewel Appliqués ($9.99 each) are a new, limited edition collection of intricate, textured nail appliqués inspired by couture house Marchesa’s signature designs. Available in 8 shades.
I have Royal Burgundy and Silk Rosette. Royal Burgundy is a beautiful deep burgundy with an intricate textured gold design. I love the gothic feel of the pattern and I think the colors are perfect for the Fall. Silk Rosette is a beautiful teal floral design on a clear background.
- Start out by removing any oil or dirt from your nails. You can do this by taking a cotton pad with rubbing alcohol or nail polish remover and wiping it across your nails. This will allow the appliqués to adhere securely to your nails.
- Select the best size appliqué per nail by lining it up with your nail bed, making sure it reaches each side of your nail wall.
- Remove the appliqué from the film and lightly place it on your nail, lining it up with your cuticle.
- Press down from the cuticle and work your way to the tips of your nail. Use the enclosed cuticle pusher to secure the edges.
- Lightly fold the rest of the appliqué over your nail tip and take the enclosed nail file and lightly buff the edges to remove the excess product. I know it’s tempting, but refrain from pulling it off, as it can rip the appliqué.
- Enjoy your manicure! To get your manicure to last a couple extra days, you can add your favorite top coat.
They were really easy to apply and I finished both of my hands in just a few minutes. I don’t think you need too much expertise with these.
It’s important to take your time with the application to avoid any mistakes such as ripples/folds or not aligning it to your nail properly.
The only problem I ran into was that they didn’t fit my nails that well. My nail beds are very curved, so I experienced some slight folds in application. Also, I found the strips to be a bit narrow. The strips didn’t fully cover a few of my nails. Although none of these things are noticeable unless someone was to look closely at them.
They held up pretty well with some tip wear. I’m hard on my hands, so I removed them after three days. If you are really light on your hands, I’m sure you could get about a week out of them. I really liked that the removal process is so easy. I removed all of them within a minute or so.
I really enjoyed wearing these. I think they’re a really fun treat to have once in a while or when you need to do your nails quick for a holiday or event.