Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream
Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream ($9) is described as a “1-step wonder” for your skin. It combines 8 skin benefits for instant skin perfection. These benefits include: bluring your skins imperfections, brightening up the skin, evening out the skintone, smoothing, enhancing and hydrating your skin, and lastly protects your skin with 30 SPF. It also doesn’t contain any oils or heavy ingredients.
Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream is available in (5) shades: Light, Light/Medium, Medium, Medium/Deep and Deep.
Since the formula is so sheer, it’s very forgiveable if you pick up a shade that is too light or dark. I have the shade Light/Medium, and it works really well for me when I have a light tan going on – around the MAC NC25 coloring.
Here’s a super close-up of my fuzzy face. This is with one (generous) layer of product applied with my fingers. Does it look like I’m wearing makeup? My sunspots are still visible, but it has evened out and illuminated my skin pretty well.
I was fully expecting this BB Cream to disappear by the end of the day, but it actually holds up really well!
The overall verdict? I like it. You definitely have to be somewhat comfortable with your skin because it won’t provide loads of coverage, but I actually like that on some days. If you like tinted moisturizers, you will probably like this product.
- Dewy finish – brightens the skin and gives it a healthy look
- Has a light tint with sheer coverage for a very natural “no-makep makeup” look
- Great for the Summer or daytime
- Suitable for dry and normal skin
- Squeeze-tube packaging – which is sanitary and works well for travel
- The coverage doesn’t build up to much, so if you’re looking for more coverage, you may want to skip out on this product – For more coverage, but a very similar product, try out Physicians Formula Super BB Cream. It has a light-medium coverage as opposed to sheer-light.
- The dewy finish can look and feel oily if you don’t set it with a light dusting of powder
- Not geared for oily skin types
Price: $9, at your local drugstore. Prices may vary based on location.