MAC Pearl Blossom Beauty Powder
MAC Pearl Blossom Beauty Powder ($26, 0.35 oz) is a light, cotton-candy pink with a silvery pearl sheen. It’s very light in color and would be a wonderful soft pink blush for lighter skintones. My coloring ranges from light to medium (since I use self tanner often) and when I’m applying the product as a blush, I prefer the way it looks on me when I’m not as tan, because when I’m darker and layer this powder on my cheeks, it can look slightly pastel/chalky. I like it better on me when I’m around the MAC NC15-25 range, as it gives my skin a doll-like glow. It also looks really pretty applied on top of another blush to add a pink, pearly sheen. For darker skintones, it’s a great highlighter. It’s also versatile enough that you can even use it as an all-over dusting powder to add luminosity to the skin.
As far as the product itself, the texture is really silky and the color is sheer, but it’s easily buildable. It blends really well into the skin and even though it has a pearly (I wouldn’t really call it frosty) sheen, it doesn’t emphasize my pores.
I love the formula of MAC Beauty Powders and I find myself reaching for them often. I’m sure Pearl Blossom will be one of my go-to products!
- Sheer, but buildable color
- Gives a soft doll-like pink glow to the cheeks
- Suitable for lighter skintones as a blush and can work as a highlighter for deeper skintones
- Soft texture that blends easily
- Has the right amount of “glow” that doesn’t accentuate pores or look frosty
- Great for light makeup days!
- Since the color is so light, if you apply too much product it can look chalky